Hypothyroidism is a disease when the thyroid gland which is located in our neck starts secreting less amount of hormone that should actually be secreted.
These days it has become a common disease and millions of people are affected by hypothyroidism, thus different types of hypothyroidism treatment options have emerged through time.
It is also found that it often increases the cholesterol levels thus making you susceptible to diabetes and heart diseases.
People aged more than 50 are more prone to having hypothyroidism but it does not mean that young people can’t be affected.
Causes of Hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism is a disease that might occur due to a number of reasons. Among them, the main reason could be deficiency of iodine in day to day diet.
Iodine serves as the main component of thyroid hormones. Hypothyroidism sometimes is the result of Hashimoto’s disease which is also known as Thyroiditis which means inflammation of the thyroid gland.
It is this disease where the body’s defense mechanism doesn’t recognize the thyroid gland to be the part of the body and therefore starts attacking it as it would attack a foreign body. This affects the functioning of the thyroid gland.
Some of the other reasons for having hypothyroidism can be unhygienic and unhealthy eating habits, radiation treatments, or chronic stress; these in turn harm the thyroid gland.
Best Hypothyroidism Treatment Options
There are many Hypothyroidism treatment options that can serve the purpose. It is just you need to consult your doctor well and then go for any as per his directions.
The possible natural things which you should know to control hypothyroidism are as follows:
- Doing intermittent fasting at proper intervals along with the proper guidance of an eminent doctor is highly valuable. The fasting should be always on liquid type mainly tender coconut water or lemon honey juice fasting.
- Taking a cold throat pack helps in stimulating the thyroid cells effectively. A two-inch breadth and 10 feet length cotton cloth should be dipped in plain cold water and the water should be removed from the cloth. Then the cloth should be covered around the neck region completely. The cloth should not be warped tightly. It is for the means of contacting the surface. Then a dry woolen cloth of the same measurement should be wrapped around the wet cloth. Wait for 30 to 40 minutes and then remove the clothes. During the treatment duration, you should not do any works instead should relax comfortably.
- The hypothyroid patient is mostly advised to make salads instead of curry and spicy dishes. Salads like fruit salad, vegetable salad, sprouts salad, etc. will help a lot to control the appetite and thereby helps in preventing weight gain.
- Among the various vegetables add cucumber more to the diet. Because cucumber is highly effective for patients with goiter. Goiter will be seen in both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. But the cucumber is much more effective in the case of goiter due to hypothyroidism.
- In the case of hypothyroidism persons who are rice, lovers can take brown rice instead of polished rice varieties. The brown rice is rich in micro-nutrients and also acts as a bulking agent which satisfies the appetite by filling the stomach even if you had little amount. Thus taking brown rice in the night-time works more effectively in maintaining the weight and also to control the thyroid levels.
- In the case of hypothyroidism drinking tea, coffee, alcohol and carbonated drinks are highly dangerous and it should be either reduced gradually or avoided completely. Instead of these beverages drinking ginger tea or green tea adds up a good amount of antioxidants in the blood which leads to the recuperation of the thyroid cells effectively.
- Doing any sort of activity which increases the body metabolism like brisk walking, fast stroke swimming, underwater walking forward and backward, doing aerobic exercise, treadmill walking, cycling, power yoga, etc. will surely help in maintaining the weight and also it stimulates the thyroid cells to function properly.
- Regular consumption of the water in which the lotus stem has been boiled for more than 20 minutes is an excellent natural tonic to stimulate the thyroid cells.
Besides all the above natural treatment for hyperthyroidism, the lyceum berry and phytoplankton are found much effective in restoring the thyroid cells’ normal physiology.
You can even consider getting some of the best hyperthyroidism natural supplements that can help best.
Hello I am Ellena, admin and owner of this blog. I am passionate health blogger and manage a health site. We invite all the passionate writers and bloggers in similar niche who are interested in getting known through our blog. To become a writer here please check our “Write 4 Us” Page.