Winter is a season which we all love enjoying. However it is also a season to take good care.
Especially when we have small kids or elders in our home, it becomes important for us to take extra precautions for them so that they can enjoy the season healthily.
Although winter months bring many good things, cold temperature in the winter season is really troublesome for many.
Also during these days the humidity is most of the times very low which causes cold symptoms such as coughing, flu, throat inflammation, sinusitis, asthma, dry skin problems, etc.
Humidifier is one of the most popular household appliances in winters which should be used to increase the moisture or humidity in the room.
The device delivers moisture to dry air and automatically helps in relieving all these health issues in an easy way.
5 Benefits of Using Humidifier In Winters
Humidifier device can be successfully used due to following benefits:
- To get relief from acute cold symptoms by making the dry air moist, so that the lungs get moist air which keeps the lung muscles more elastic, this eases the breathing process during the cold condition.
- Avoid the chances of infection by making the air more sterilized and pure. This help to keep the mucus membrane to function well. It also helps to keep the air tract of humans free from dust and dust mites thus helping in conditions such as sinus, asthma, nose bleeds, etc.
- Help to keep the skin smooth and soft by preventing the skin from dryness and chapped condition during winter days. This is also helpful in getting relief from various skin problems such as Eczema, Acne, Tinea, Vitiligo, Urticaria, Hives, etc.
- Helps the wooden furniture and doors in our home by avoiding the shrinkage during winter, when the temperature is below the comfort level and humidity is low. It also help the wooden flooring, wall paint and wall papers by avoiding from buckling and tearing during winter periods.
- Reduces the effect of static electricity which we can experience during the interaction with the static electric devices like television screens, monitors etc.
Warm Or Cool Mist Humidifier: Which One To Choose?
As there are different kinds of humidifiers (warm and cool) which functions differently to humidify the air around you, it is important that you choose the best variety according to your choice for the requisite comfort and pleasure.
Let me help you decide among the best ones if you are looking for a humidifier for your home.
Warm mist humidifier – These are used for producing warm mist in the room. The soothing visible mist adds comfort in the room during the cold winter days. These humidifiers work on the boiling process to clean and mystify the surroundings. All the impurities and dust particles are pulled out from the cold air and clean warm vapours are sent out to spread across the room.
Thus, they perform double action by warming and mystifying the room at the same time. Some of the warm mist humidifiers are attached with humidistat to allow you to set your humidity settings as per your requirements. If you suffer from cold and nose blockage then you can add inhalants to the boiling to be dispersed in the air for added relief.
Cool mist ultrasonic humidifier – As the name suggests these humidifiers are known for their ultrasonic speed to produce a light mist and disperse it in the room. They work fast due to the transducer which vibrates the water at a very fast speed. These models come with low maintenance cost and sound absorbers.
Ultrasonic cool mist humidifier is one of the best choices among the humidifiers because it can change the air in your large rooms also within a few minutes. Furthermore these are safer to use and the operating cost for cool mist humidifiers is lower because it does not use energy to power a heating element.
5 Best Humidifier For Dry Skin, Sinus And Allergies
Based on the above points, it is for sure that cool mist humidifier for dry skin, sinus and allergies is better than warm mist.
However making a best decision can be really a tough job when you are planning to buy a good cool mist humidifier for your personal use in winters. And for this reason we have made it simpler for you by providing reviews on some of the best models that are top selling.
You may check the detailed reviews and compare the features which may help you to make a wise buying decision.
1- Crane USA Cool Mist Humidifier
When talking about the health benefits offered by Crane humidifiers, we can say that these are highly reliable.
If you have not yet found the right humidifier you were looking for, then it’s the high time to enjoy with this best humidifier for dry skin.
Some of the best features of Crane cool mist humidifer include:
- Attractive in shape and features. Quiet while working
- Presents a 1-gallon capacity to fill water to function for 24 hours continuously
- Allows filling the water tank easily without pulling it back and forth to a sink
- Delivers clean and filtered mist which is best for allergic patients to inhale
- Presents illuminated window as an indication to refill the tank
2- TaoTronics Cool Mist Humidifier
If you want to create a pleasant and an ideal room for your complete family then TaoTronics cool mist humidifier can be one of the best choice for you.
The adjustable mist control feature covers the medium rooms up to 500 sq ft and thus makes this device a good choice for those who are looking for humidifiers for medium rooms.
Some of the best features of this 1.1 gallon TaoTronics cool mist humidifier includes:
- Whisper quiet ultrasonic operation and easy to clean
- Adjustable mist levels with timer and auto shut functionality
- Provides moisture to the sinus, dry skin, cough and skin irritation
3- Honeywell Cool Moisture Console Humidifier
Honeywell cool moisture console type humidifier comes with wide range of benefits. With this humidifier in your room you can enjoy every feature that lets you be free from breathing problem and other inhaling issues.
Some of the best outstanding features of this Honeywell cool mist console humidifier are:
- Quiet in function
- Pumps out fresh and cool mist
- Decent in reservoir size
- Designed to disassemble, clean and maintain for durability
- No issue with cleaning the parts and tank
- The mist generating disc stops when the level of water reduces
- Works for long hours with a single filling
4- Levoit Warm and Cool Mist Humidifier
Levoit offers dual warm and cool mist model with digital controls which is one of the best choice for all types of consumers having various different requirements. This is large sized 6L capacity humidifier which is good option for larger rooms.
For sure you are going to get attracted towards this amazing and adorable designed and stylish humidifier which is designed for modern homes.
At bedroom, sleep won’t get disturbed as no noise is produced and you can enjoy an undisturbed, deep sleep. At office, it will refresh you and bring relief to you from the dryness produced by the air conditioner.
Some of the best unique features of Levoit warm and cool mist humidifier include:
- Tells you the exact humidity level in your room
- Sensitive touch controls with remote
- Smart auto adjustable misting according to room conditions
5- BONECO/Air-O-Swiss Warm or Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier
The last in our list of best humidifier for dry skin and allergies is Boneco/Air-O-Swiss Warm or Cool Mist Humidifier. This is fortified with digital touch panel which helps in providing you with intelligent operation modes like Auto-Mode.
This Boneco humidifier model comes with adjustable hygrostat and it is very quiet in operation.
This 3 gallon beautiful device is designed for rooms up to 600 sq. ft. and it runs on the Ultrasonic technology, with minimal energy consumption and creating pleasant environment.
Humidifier Maintenance, Risk Factors and Buying Tips
Although operating humidifier device can be much beneficial, one should take proper care of it to enjoy its best benefits. Some of the important things you need to take care are:
- You should not allow the kids to operate these devices as it may cause an electricity shock or fire.
- Choose the device which is appropriate for your room size. You can choose portable humidifier for a single room or a console type large room humidifier for larger rooms.
- You can choose combo humidifier models that comes with purifier or diffuser in case you want to get extra advantages.
- The device you choose should shut off automatically when the water level is very low, if not there is a risk of fire.
- Humidifier filter needs to be cleaned regularly. If you neglect the cleaning of humidifiers, bacteria and mold will breed in the device and spread through the air, which can make sinus and allergies worse.
- Care that you only go for a top brand humidifier so that it lasts for long and provide you the best benefits you desire.
Overall room humidifiers are simple yet smart device which you should have in your home in winters. You may find some of the best brands online and can order them at the best reliable websites such as Amazon.
Shelly Rayner is a nurse by profession. She loves writing articles, blogs and product reviews that helps users. Hopefully you will find them useful.